Hidden Strike: American Revolution recreates the struggle between the American colonists and the British forces during the War of Independence with each side trying to win the war by controlling a majority of regions. The game is a card driven game, where players manage their hand of cards, usually playing just one card a turn to allow them to move tokens representing military forces across the board into key spaces at key times. The game can be played in five different modes:
- Solitaire: For those brave enough to take on the British forces on their own this mode offers a regular and a hardcore option. This mode is a good starting point if you’re trying to learn the game by yourself.
- Versus: A fierce head-to-head in which one player pitches the British forces against the other player’s American troops.
- Co-op mode: In this cooperative mode all players share the same objective: take on the role of the American colonists to win Independence from the British.
- Traitor Mode: The inclusion of a secret traitor who will try to thwart the Americans’ efforts adds a devious twist to the co-op mode.
- Mastermind: As one player assumes the role of George III the Sons of Liberty will have to band together to overcome the British King’s formidable forces.
We posted an interview with the designers Maurice Suckling and Dorian Richard on our blog and you can read that at the following link: https://theplayersaid.com/2020/09/21/interview-with-maurice-suckling-and-dorian-richard-designers-of-hidden-strike-american-revolution-from-worthington-publishing-coming-to-kickstarter-august-29th/